After two weeks of Ruthless Refactoring (TM) I can now announce that AspectWerkz version 0.6.3 has been released. I have among other things rewritten the whole definition and weave model implementation to support a much more powerful join point model. The join point model now have the essence of the AspectJ model.
Here are some of the features/changes:
- Completely new definition model. Aspects, advices, introductions and pointcuts are now completely orthogonal and the model now has the essence of the AspectJ model. See the documentation for details.
- Abstract aspects definitions as well as pointcut expressions(e.g.
((pc1 OR pc2) AND !pc3)and similar).
- Multiple weave models.
- Multiple AspectWerkz system can run in the same JVM concurrently.
- setField and getField now works for get and set java.util.* collection fields (e.g. add/get/remove/size and so on).
- Advice and introduction container is now pluggable. I.e. the user can provide its own custom implementation (f.e. to enable persistence).
- The transparent persistence of advices and introductions have been moved to the sandbox.
- Many bug fixes.